Bison Baked Beans
How to Prepare:
- 1 pound ground bison
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon hickory liquid smoke
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 16-ounce can pork and beans
- 1 16-ounce can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 16-ounce can Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 2.5-quart baking dish or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, break up and brown bison and cook with onion.
- When bison is browned, stir in brown sugar, ketchup, barbecue sauce, liquid smoke, mustard, chili powder and pepper. Mix well.
- Stir in beans and combine. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Bake, covered, 1 hour until heated through and bubbly.