Bison Cheesesteak Sandwiches
How to Prepare:
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 pound bison sirloin, thinly sliced against the grain
- 1 small onion, chopped
- ½ teaspoons Montreal steak seasoning
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 4 crusty rolls
- Heat oil in a large, heavy skillet – cast iron, if possible – over medium to medium-high heat.
- Add sirloin and onion and sprinkle with steak seasoning. Cook, stirring frequently, about 2 minutes or until onions start to turn translucent.
- Add bell peppers and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until peppers start to soften.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add Worcestershire and soy sauce and stir.
- Separate meat mixture into four sections. Top each section with 1 slice provolone and let cook until cheese is mostly melted.
- Slice rolls and scoop one-fourth of the mixture into each roll.