Bison Taco Pasta Salad
How to Prepare:
Serves: 6 as an entrée or 12 to 14 as a side dish
- 1 pound rotini pasta
- 1 pound ground bison
- 1 packet taco seasoning (or 3 tablespoons homemade seasoning)
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 small can black olives, drained
- 2 cups shredded Colby-Jack cheese
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 1/2 cups French dressing
- 1 9.75-ounce bag nacho cheese Doritos, crushed
- Cook and drain pasta according to package directions. Rinse with cold water; drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, crumble and cook ground bison over medium heat. Add taco seasoning (but don’t add the water as instructed on the package).
- In a large bowl, combine pasta, bison, green pepper, onion, tomatoes, olives, lettuce and cheese. Stir in dressing until everything is coated.
- Stir in crumbled Doritos right before serving.