Cheesy Chile Rellenos
How to Prepare:
- 1 box cheese rice
- 12 roasted poblano peppers
- 1 cup onion
- 1 lb ground bison
- 1½ Tbsp Mexican spice mix
- 8 oz Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Cook rice according to package directions. Hold warm.
- Cut peppers in half and remove seeds, keeping stems intact.
- Sauté onions until soft. Add the bison, rice and the Mexican spice mix. Cook until the bison is fully cooked.
- Stir in 2 oz. of the cheese into mixture. Hold warm. Place ½ cup rice mixture in each half pepper. Top each half with ½ oz. of shredded cheese.
- Bake in a 350°F oven until the cheese is melted. Serve on a warm platter for buffet or if serving 2 peppers per guest.