Fischer’s Bison Italian Casserole
How to Prepare:
- 1 ½ pounds Italian sausage
- 1 ½ pounds ground bison
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cans tomato sauce
- 2 cans tomato paste
- ½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 package wide noodles, cooked and drained
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, cut into strips
- Cook bison, sausage, and onion until meat is browned.
- Add tomato sauce and paste, water and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in noodles. Pour into two greased 9-13 inch baking dishes. Top with cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until heated through.
Special thanks to Fischers’ Sleepy Bison Acres for sharing this recipe.