Hamburger Steak with Onion Gravy
How to Prepare:
A quick savory dinner enjoyed by all ages.
- 1 pound ground bison (bison hamburger)
- Salt and Pepper Canola Oil
- Medium White Onion vertically sliced
- 1 Tbsp Flour
- 1 cup Bison or Beef stock
- 2 Tbsp sliced green onion for garnish
- Make four ground bison (bison hamburger) patties. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet brown patties in oil at medium temperature for 3 minutes each side. Remove from pan.
- Add onions to pan (add more oil as needed). Sauté about 3 minutes or until lightly brown and tender. Sprinkle with 1 Tbsp flour, stirring constantly for 30 seconds. Add stock and bring to a boil. Reduce to temperature to medium low and return patties to skillet. Partially cover. Simmer 5 minutes more or until gravy thickens.
- Serve patties on top of your favorite mashed potato recipe or prepared egg noodles and spoon onion gravy over all. Sprinkle tops with sliced green onion. Add a salad or vegetable to blend out the meal. Bon Appétit!