Roasted Red Pepper Meatballs
How to Prepare:
- 2 pounds ground bison
- ½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ teaspoon onion salt
- ½ cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 7.25-ounce jar roasted red peppers, drained
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup Italian dressing
- 1 jar marinara sauce (24 to 28 ounces)
- For meatballs, combine ground bison with seasoning, breadcrumbs and eggs. Use your hands to mix thoroughly and form into 30 to 40 evenly sized meatballs.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Brown meatballs on all sides and add to slow cooker.
- Using a blender, puree roasted red peppers. Add cheese and dressing, and blend. Then add marinara sauce and puree until smooth.
- Pour sauce over meatballs in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low heat 4 to 6 hours or until hot and bubbly.