Slow Cooker Bison and Tortellini
How to Prepare:
- 1 1/2-2 pounds bison chuck roast, cut in 5 or 6 large pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 26-ounce jar pasta sauce
- 1 cup zucchini, carrots, mushrooms or a combination, chopped in bite-sized pieces
- 9 ounces fresh or frozen cheese tortellini
- Place bison in slow cooker and sprinkle with seasoned salt and pepper. (If you’re using carrots, add those at this time, too.) Pour pasta sauce over bison. Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours.
- Add zucchini and/or mushrooms, and tortellini. Stir. Cover and cook on high 20-30 minutes, or until tender.