Slow-Simmered Bison Spaghetti Sauce
How to Prepare:
- 2 pounds ground bison
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 2 1.5-ounce packets spaghetti sauce seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 3 cups water
- 2 15-ounce cans tomato sauce
- 2 6-ounce cans tomato paste
- 1 small can mushrooms, drained and chopped
- 1 small can sliced black olives, drained
- Brown bison and garlic over medium-high in a large pot. Season with salt, pepper, garlic salt and onion salt.
- Add oregano, bay leaf, seasoning packets, brown sugar, water, tomato sauce, tomato paste, mushrooms and olives, and stir to combine.
- Cover and simmer over low heat at least 1 hour.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper before serving over cooked pasta.