Baked Bison Chimichangas
How to Prepare:
Cooking Time: 35 minutes
These Mexican favorites are baked instead of fried. Same great taste and a lot less mess!
- 1 pound ground bison
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 (1-1/4-ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 (11-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (8-ounce) bottle taco sauce
- 1 (16-ounce) can refried beans
- 10 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 (8-ounce) package shredded Monterey Jack cheese with peppers
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- Toppings: shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, sour cream
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a large skillet over medium-high heat; cook, stirring until bison meat crumbles and is no longer pink.
- Stir in taco seasoning mix and water; cook 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Add corn and taco sauce; cook 1 to 2 minutes or until heated. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Spread a thin layer of beans evenly onto each of the tortillas. Spoon 1/2 cup bison mixture down center of each tortillas, and top with shredded cheese. Fold sides in and roll up, burrito-style; place seam side down on a lightly greased rimmed baking sheet.
- Spray tortillas with cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, 22 minutes or until golden. Serve with desired toppings.