Bean, Bison and Pasta Soup
- 1 lb. ground bison
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 (15.5 oz.) can great northern beans*, drained & rinsed
- 1 (15.5 oz.) can light red kidney beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes undrained
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can ready to serve beef broth
- 6 cups water
- ¼ cup chili sauce
- 4 oz. (1 cup) uncooked large macaroni rings
* Can also use cannellini beans in place of great northern
- Brown meat in dutch oven over medium-high heat until thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat to medium, add carrots, onion, celery, garlic & salt; mix well. Cook 5-8 minutes or until vegetables are crisp & tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add all remaining ingredients except pasta; mix well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 15 minutes to blend flavors.
- Add uncooked pasta; Cook 8-10 minutes or until pasta is of desired doneness, stirring occasionally.