Beckstrand’s Slaw Spaghetti
How to Prepare:
I made it for a large group at a retreat, and had lots of requests for the recipe.
- 1 lb bison burger
- ½ lb Italian Sausage (mild or hot)
- 1 Tbsp Italian or Pizza Seasoning
- 2- 24 ounce jars of Spaghetti Sauce (gluten free if necessary)
- 16 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced or 8 ounce can drained
- 16 ounce bag of packaged Cole Slaw
- 1 cup green olives, chopped (optional)
- Microwave coleslaw in large bowl 2-3 minutes. Rinse in colander.
- Brown burger and Italian Sausage. Add mushrooms and simmer for 5 minutes. Add mushrooms. Let simmer 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add heated slaw, Italian Seasoning, spaghetti sauce and olives. Simmer for 10 minutes and serve.
Special thanks to Dave Beckstrand for sharing this recipe.