Bison Breakfast Quiche
How to Prepare:
Servings: 12 to 16
Note: To halve recipe, follow same baking times but use a 9-inch pie plate.
Bison breakfast sausage
- 1 pound ground bison
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon rubbed sage
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoons hickory liquid smoke
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 32 ounces frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup shredded pepperjack cheese
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish (or spray with cooking spray)
- Sprinkle bison with seasonings. Crumble and brown in frying pan over medium heat until brown. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place hash browns in bottom of baking dish and brush with melted butter.
- Bake 30 minutes, then reduce heat to 350 degrees F.
- Sprinkle hash browns with breakfast sausage.
- Combine eggs, cream, cheese, salt and pepper and pour over sausage.
- Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes.
- Let sit 10 minutes before serving.