How to Prepare:
- 1 pound bison sirloin, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 pita bread rounds or other flatbread
- 2 cups chopped lettuce
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup plain yogurt, preferably Greek
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Put bison sirloin in a resealable bag. Combine wine, olive oil, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper, and pour mixture over bison. Refrigerate and marinate at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- Heat a skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Melt butter and add bison mixture. Cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce is mostly evaporated, about 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine yogurt, cucumber, salt and pepper.
- Toast pita breads in a hot pan, about 30 seconds on each side.
- Top pitas with bison, lettuce, tomato, and yogurt sauce.