Skip to content
- 8 oz bison cubed steaks
- ¼ cup water
- 1 10-oz package frozen mixed vegetables
- 4 c water
- 1 Tbsp instant beef bouillon granules
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ tsp garlic salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp dried basil, crushed
- ½ c chopped onion
- ½ c chopped celery
- 1 (7-1/2 oz) can tomatoes, cut up
- ½ c water
- 1/3 c all-purpose flour
- Sprinkle steaks with garlic salt and pepper.
- In a large saucepan cook steaks over medium heat in ¼ c water, about 3 minutes or till done, turning once.
- Remove steaks from pan, reserve meat drippings. Cut meat into cubes, set aside.
- In the same pan cook onion and celery in meat drippings over medium heat till tender.
- Stir in meat, 4 c water, frozen vegetables, bouillon granules, Worcestershire sauce, and basil. Bring to boiling, reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir in undrained tomatoes. In a screw-top jar shake together the ½ c water and the flour, add to the saucepan. Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 1 minute more. Serve